Frequently Asked Questions
A: Click the "My Account / editing profile" link at the bottom side of our site to my account menu.
A: 1) ability to check on the status and past orders of your orders
2) access to obtain tracking numbers
3) and you will receive e-mails informing of upcoming sales and promotions
A: Our members will benefit from the reward points program (with the exception of bulk and/or special discount orders). the way the reward points program works is that 3% of the subtotal purchased will be credited to your reward points account.
You can choose to continue to accumulate rewards points in your account after each purchase or you can apply some or all of your accessible rewards points at check out when placing a new order. rewards points do not expire and will remain in your account until you are ready to apply them.
When you earn the Reward point over 500 points, You can request our "Gift certificates".
If you need your Reward point infomation, you can click a "Reward points log" link at the bottom side of our site to my account menu.
A: Some colors may look different than what's pictured because when the picture is taken, the flash of the camera makes the color look a shade lighter. The images will vary based on your monitor and computer settings.
A: Head size has very little to do with the overall size of a person. It is best not to make any assumptions about fit, and to take measurements. To measure your head, find a flexible seamstress measuring tape. Start at your forehead, just above your eyebrows; proceed toward one side of your head, following the hairline. When you reach the ear area, take the tape behind the ears. Follow the tape all the way around the head, meeting up at your forehead in the front. When you have that measurement, this is your head circumference. We offer the following guideline to wig sizes:
Ultra Petite/Children - Fits heads smaller than 20 inches.
Petites - Fits heads 21 inches or smaller.
Average - Fits heads 21.5 - 22.5 inches.
Large Cap - Fits heads 22.5 inches and larger.
A: Lace wigs have mesh lace attached to the wig and this is temporarily glued to your skin around the hairline. Lace front wigs go from ear to ear, while a full lace wig goes around the whole hairline. Both require maintenance and have a life span of about 6 months.
Only a lace wig can be trusted to maintain the illusion of growing hair and it's the preferred choice of celebrities, actors, and people in media.
- Lace wigs come in two different forms:
1. Full lace: more breathable, comfortable, can be parted anywhere on scalp
2. Lace front: mesh lace runs from ear to ear, natural look, cannot be pulled into ponytail
- Which Cap Style Do I Choose?
The most important questions is will you want to wear your wig in an updo or ponytail?
If so you will want to choose a Full lace cap style. There are many different style caps
- the most common are the full lace cap with ear to ear stretch, the full lace cap with
no stretch, front lace only cap meaning lace in the front only, full lace cap with thin skin
in front and lace around entire perimeter of head.
A: - Full Wigs are worn around your entire scalp to cover up baldness, natural hair, or simply to try out a new hairstyle.
- Feature of the Full wigThe full wig comes pre-styled and lasts for an extended period time, if maintained correctly.
A: - Half wigs are worn to allow you to wear a wig in the hair style of your choice, while also keeping the natural look of your own hair showing.
- Feature of the half wigHalf wigs have double combs offer reliable security to ensure your hair is in place at all times. By inserting the front comb, your hair is tucked in your hair underneath so both your natural hair and your wig are blended together.
A: - Cap wigs require you to wear a cap (usually made of nylon) before placing the wig on.
- Feature of the cap wigCap wigs help by reducing the amount of wisps shown through the wig and bangs are controlled by using the cap. Cap wigs are also helpful when your natural hair is thick and plentiful. This ensures that your natural hair does not come out from under the wig.
A: - A ponytail is a hairpiece that can be attached to your own hair to instantly add length to your style.
- Feature of the ponytailThe hairpiece that you choose will attach to your hair by a jaw clip, interlocking combs or elastic string.
A: - Dome refers to a wig that is also called a "bun" and is attached to your own hair and is a pre-styled hairstyle.
- Feature of the domeDomes are usually used for special occasions. They are sometimes braided, and styled in chignon buns and placed at the back of your hair for the look of an updo.
A: - Weaves add length and body to your hair and are sew onto the hair. Your natural hair is first braided, then the weave is hand-sewn into the braids.
- Feature of the weavingThe process of getting a weave needs more attention to detail to ensure that your weave is secure, seamless, and as natural-looking as possible.
A: - What is a extensions?WExtensions are hair strands that are either braided into or glued onto into your hair.
- Feature of the extensionsExtensions are relatively easy to maintain. They can be worn loose, tied into a ponytail or put into an updo.
Shipping and Order Related
A: When you place an order, we typically process and ship out your order in 1-5 business days. Some special orders will take over 5 business days then We will give a notification by mail or/and phone as soon as possible. International orders can take from estimated 10-15 days for shipping but the shipping day could be affected by a USPS of external variables. There’s nothing we can do about definite shipping day.
A: For domestic shipments we currently use USPS (www.usps.com) parcel post shipping with delivery confirmation. For international shipments we use priority international shipping which can take 10-20 days.
Disclaimer: In the event the carrier confirms that the package was delivered we will not be responsible for any lost packages. Please contact the USPS for lost or damaged packages and file a claim. They will investigate your case and inform you within 30 days.
Also please do not accept open or damaged packages. You can refuse this package and it will automatically be sent back to us. Please contact us if you need our help.
A: If a backorder occurs on your item(s), you will be placed on priority waiting list. We will promptly ship item(s) upon arrival. In addition we will inform and update by email with the estimated arrival date. If backordered item(s) are not received in a reasonable length of time, message system, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact customer service at 1-847-715-6617 between business hours of 9AM-6PM(CST) Monday through Friday.
We will give your our best case estimate as to when your item will become available as well as alternatives that can be shipped immediately. In some instances, if there is no response from the customer we will automatically cancel and refund your order.
A: Once your order has shipped and tracking information is updated to your account you will be able to locate the tracking number by logging into your account and clicking the “order status” link at the bottom side of our site to my account menu.
A: Unfortunately, you can’t pick up item at iamahair.com retail store.
How to care for my wig
1) Give the wig a gentle shake.
2) Identify the front and the back of the wig. The label always goes in the back. Note the Velcro tabs for sizing. Leave the tabs as is at first. You can adj1) Use products specifically designed for wigs. These products are created specifically for synthetic hair. They will keep the wig looking natural by not stripping away the color or the natural sheen. The use of these products will help the wig to last longer.
2) Keep your wig stored on a wig stand or other "makeshift" item (such as a can of hairspray). This will help it hold its style and shape. 3) Enjoy your wig and have fun wearing it!ust them later if necessary.
3) Place the wig on a flat surface so you are looking inside the wig. Make sure the label is at the top (the label is at the back of the wig). Grasp the wig at the top (back), with your hands placed on each side of the label.
4) Slip the wig over the head starting at the hairline and then towards the neck. The front of the wig should lie on the front hairline.
5) The wig should feel secure, but not too tight. If needed, you can adjust the size with the Velcro tabs inside the wig.
A: The frequency of washing depends on factors such as air quality and humidity. Generally, a wig should be washed after it has been worn 8 – 12 times, but this can vary.
1) Gently brush the wig thoroughly with a wig brush.
2) Add one tablespoon of wig shampoo to a sink filled with cold water.
3) Immerse wig for one minute and agitate gently. Do not rub.
4) Rinse the wig gently in cold clear water twice or until thoroughly rinsed.
5) Blot the wig gently with a towel. Do not squeeze or wring.
6) Apply conditioning spray very lightly over wig, spraying 10-12 inches from the wig.
7) Allow the wig to air dry on a slender object like a can of hairspray or a shampoo bottle covered with a hand towel. Styrofoam heads may stretch the cap.
8) Do not use a hair dryer. Air dry only. You may gently style the wig with your fingertips.
9) Brush wig only when completely dry. Do not allow the wig to dry in direct sunlight.
A: Your wig can be styled by using a wig brush, a wig comb, or your fingertips. Avoid using a brush designed for human hair. These brushes can create excessive tension, over-stretching the hair with abrasive strokes that may damage the hair.
The wigs we carry are shake & wear and can be styled by simply using a wide tooth comb or your fingertips. The best styling tool is the most inexpensive; a spray bottle of clean, cool water. Lightly spritz your wig with water to remove static electricity and return your wig to its original look.
To achieve style variations, liquid wig mousse is an essential styling tool. For curly or wavy styles, just mousse, hand scrunch, and pick the style into curls. On straight styles, mousse and brush lightly.
Your wig was designed with a basic style but the variations you can achieve through styling are limitless. Added height can be achieved by gently lifting with the wig comb. If you want added fullness as well, tease or back-comb and then smooth the surface hair over the teasing. Your wig can be returned to its basic style by washing it and allowing it to air dry.
To completely restyle, we recommend taking your wig to a professional stylist.
A: Yes! Your wig comes pre-styled with a basic style, but we encourage our clients to have their wigs customized by a professional hair stylist. This is a great way to make the wig uniquely your own. Often, a little trim on the bangs and a little thinning here or there can make all the difference in the world. The wig should be cut while you are wearing it. Everyone has a different face shape, a different forehead length, and different style preferences. Seek out the assistance of experienced professional, and only allow the wig to be cut while it is on your head.
1) Do not expose your wig to heat in excess of 160°. (Like opening an oven door, standing near a barbecue grill, etc.) This will damage the wig fibers. Any type of heat will cause wig fibers to frizz (lamps, ovens/stoves, heat from body).
2) Do not brush your wig when wet.
3) Do not use any form of curling irons, hot rollers or blow dryers. Again, heat will ruin the wig.
4) Do not use products designed for regular human hair. Only use wig shampoo, wig conditioner, wig hair spray, wig mousse, and brushes or combs made especially for wigs. We sell these wig care products at a discounted price or they can also be purchased from any wig store.
5) Do not use bleaches, colors, or rinses on your wig.
6) We do not recommend wearing your wig in a swimming pool.
1) Use products specifically designed for wigs. These products are created specifically for synthetic hair. They will keep the wig looking natural by not stripping away the color or the natural sheen. The use of these products will help the wig to last longer.
2) Keep your wig stored on a wig stand or other "makeshift" item (such as a can of hairspray). This will help it hold its style and shape.
3) Enjoy your wig and have fun wearing it!
No posts found